Everything is growing

On a day like today it is hard to even imagine that just a few months ago it was winter.  The sun shining and bees buzzing, everything is getting green and veggies are everywhere.
The tomato house is really coming along; John spent a lot of time last week carefully tying them up.  It takes a lot of time at the beginning of the season but it more than pays off at the end of the summer.  It is amazing to think that by the end of the summer most of these plants will be towering over me.  Nature is AMAZING!

The beans are up and all I can think about is the hours and hours and hours bent over picking them this summer.  It doesn't really sound like that much fun...but I could be sitting in a cubicle pushing papers around.  I count my blessings every time I feel the sun on my back.
The peas have really shot up; they are just starting to really start pumping out peas.  Last week the plants were covered (and I mean covered) in blossoms, so it is nice to see them all turn into peas.  The broccoli and cauliflower is cruising too! The broccoli is just starting to head so I think it will be another couple of weeks before we have full heads of broccoli.  Cauliflower went in about a week later so it is a little further behind but still looking really good.
Potatoes, turnips and beets are all looking good as well.  Those were the first things we planted outside; the rain last month and all the sun this month has treated them well.  I anticipate an excellent summer with lots and lots of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment